10 Jun 2019 - 24 Jun 2019
Summer Two-Day Workshop - Learn Two of My Secret Methods
Price: 290.00 plus taxes
#208-1000 Parker Street
Monday June 10, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. and
Monday June 24th, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Includes one pre-plastered 16”x20” panel (Plaster Method), one 12x12 (Cheesecloth Method) panel
and all the supplies needed to create two beautiful pieces!
In this workshop you will learn how to:
• create interesting textures on plaster with a variety of tools
• apply washes and assorted mediums to enhance the texture you have created
• apply color using a variety of mediums
• apply a photo transfer
• adhere found objects as sculptural elements to your artwork
• create a high gloss surface using an acrylic medium
• create a textured skin that floats off a panel
Prior to this workshop you will need to:
• choose an inspiring or meaningful theme for each work; your grandparent’s old house, your pet, spirituality, a favorite artist, a great trip you took, a family heirloom, a favorite song, poem or book
• gather images based on your themes from your own photos, books, magazines and the internet etc., that you will use for inspiration, photo transfers and collage
Materials you will need to bring:
• found objects that may relate to your theme or simply add an interesting feature to your piece. While on a walk in the park, back alley, street, look for objects which can be used as sculptural elements such as leaves, twigs, seed pods and metal debris preferably organic or well worn, used, rusted, dented etc.
• assorted non-traditional mediums to experiment with (ie. tea leaves, ground coffee, sand, leaf crumbs)
• photocopies or laser-jet prints (color and black & white and assorted sizes) of images relating to your themes to transfer and collage and take inspiration from (inkjet prints do not work).
• your images to reference and take inspiration from
$195+GST teaching fee
$95 +GST/PST supply fee
For more information and to book your space please email Sonya at email@example.com.
Studio #208 – 1000 Parker Street
Limited spots available. Sign up soon!